Hey, in today’s post I’ll be showing you the steps you should take in order to build a business website in 2020. There is a lot of business online, there has never been a better way to reach your target audience . The internet is the best place to start or grow your business. If you don’t have a website, now would be a perfect time to create one.
Still not convinced on why you need to create a website? Well here are 5 great reasons why you should start a website for your business today.
- A website will help you gain more customers : Having a website, will help you grow your business. People tend to Google almost everything these days and these searches include keywords that are related to your business. Having a website increases your chances of being found online.
- A website shows authenticity : Having a website for your business will make it seem a lot more authentic to potential customers. When potential customers first hear about a particular product or service they also tend to research online, mostly to see what the reviews are. Having a website with great reviews online will show them that you’re an authentic business seeking to provide the best service possible.
- It’s a great way to make money online: Having a website online can actually turn into a good side income. There are various ways you can monetize your website besides selling your products and services. Some of these amazing ways include selling ad space, affiliate marketing etc.
- It sets you apart : Having a website definitely sets you apart from your competitors especially when you’re in a niche where a lot of businesses aren’t online. If your business is online that means you’re gonna take away a lot of business from your competitors.
- It’s a great way to grow your brand: If your business is a brick and mortar business with an established brand, consider going online that way you’ll be able to grow your business and reach your customers.
Here are 10 additional reasons from dale:
OK, so what are you going to learn in this article? You’ll learn how to :
- Create a website for just $3 a month (yeah $3, pretty sick right?)
- Design your brand new website your self(you don’t need to spend money hiring someone on fiverr or Upwork)
- And more importantly how to drive traffic to your new website.
OK, ready let’s get started.
Creating your website.
Choosing your domain name : The first step in starting a new website is choosing a domain name, a domain name is your name/address on the web. With your domain name your customers will be able to find you on the web, no two domain names are the same. There are various domain name extensions e.g(.com (company) which is the most popular domain name extension, .net (network), .com.uk etc). You should always check if the domain name you intend to use is available. You can do that here. With Bluehost you get a free domain name checker and also a free domain name. Go check it out.
watch this video about domain name:
Choosing a hosting company : You should now choose a hosting company, a hosting company will provide you with a server where all your website files will be stored. You should endeavor to choose a good host so as to avoid server downtime which will make your website unavailable to your customers. I highly recommend you use bluehost which has been recommended by WordPress (This CMS powers more than 70% of the web). I have entered a partnership with Bluehost which will provide all my readers hosting at $3 a month. You can go here now to register and claim this offer.
watch this video about hosting:
Step 2: Actually creating the website.
OK now that we have chosen our domain name and hosting let’s go through a step by step guide on how to create a website.
When you get to bluehost.
You’ll see this home page, you can see the $3 a month I told you about. Click on get started, this should take you to the next page.
On this next page we have the plans, you can then select a plan, I recommend the basic plan for now.
With the basic plan you get:
- 50 GB space to store your files. (trust me you won’t exhaust it)
- Unmetered bandwidth
- Free SSL(This will keep your site secure from hackers, most hosting companies will make you pay for this. This is why Bluehost is the best.)
- 25 subdomains (subdomains is something like blog.yourwebsite.com or contact.yourwebsite.com etc
Then create your domain, if you already have a domain just use the other tab.
You should land on this page, proceed to fill out the required fields.
You then uncheck the add ons and select the yearly plan. You should get $71 as your total proceed to pay with your credit card and you’re good to go.
Bluehost provides you with 24/7 support. Once you’re done registering login your account find your domain and install WordPress on it. If it’s too confusing for you contact the support and they will take it from there awesome right.
if you wanna find out what wordpress is, watch this video
when you’re done with wordpress installation, design with elementor. here is a video:
Congratulations. you now have a website